Sunday, October 3, 2010

A New Milestone!!!

I realized today that I haven't posted in about a week.  So I figured I needed to so I could keep my promise of keeping the blog updated....

We have reached a new milestone with Kinley.  She has officially been without her "pappy" (pacifier) for a full week!  She had really only had it for naps and nighttime for awhile, but we decided last Sunday just to see what she would do without it.  She did pretty good but we did have some rough nights.  Whenever she would wake up, she would have trouble falling back asleep without the pacifier.  But we made it and in hindsight, it wasn't that bad!  I am glad that she doesn't have it anymore, but I admit that its a little sad for me.  To me, it means she's growing and and not a baby anymore (even though she'll always be my baby)!

And, yes, I realize that some people may think that its awfully late to just now be taking the pacifier away from her, but I don't care.  Everyone has their own opinion for everything, but I'm happy to have her through with it before she turns two.  She also uses her own little pink princess potty at least once a day (we're not really pushing the potty-training just yet) and her crib has been converted to a toddler bed since July (not that she stays in it all night or every night yet, either).  But we're working on lots of things and she's growing and changing everyday.  She is so smart!  She talks so much and she has so much energy.  I swear she never stops moving...not even in her sleep (she's a very restless sleeper, which makes it that much harder to keep her in her own bed). 

I was spraying detangler spray on her hair this morning before church, and she looked at me and said, "Don't spray me, mommy!"  Then while I was straightening my hair she said, "That's hot...put it down!"  She keeps me laughing all day!

I took some cute pictures of her on my phone yesterday while we were shopping with my mom.  I'll try to get those posted in the next couple of days.  I'm going to try to get some sleep now since its after 11:00.  I've had a lot of trouble sleeping lately so hopefully I can get some sleep tonight. 

Goodnight, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment